Updated: Sep 20
Candles are more than just sources of light; they're moments of warmth, tranquility, and nostalgia. They can transform a room's ambiance and evoke cherished memories. At Shine Lab, we craft our candles with love, and we want your candle experience to be nothing short of magical. That's why we're sharing some tips on how to take care of your candles and make the most of their luminous glow.
1. Trim Your Wick: Before lighting your candle, ensure that the wick is trimmed to about 1/4 inch (0.6 cm). This helps prevent excessive flickering, sooting, and uneven burning. A trimmed wick also ensures your candle lasts longer.
2. The First Burn Matters: When you light your candle for the first time, let it burn until the entire surface melts evenly. This can take a few hours, depending on the size of your candle. This prevents tunneling, where the wax only melts around the wick, leaving wasted wax on the sides.
3. Keep It Clean: After extinguishing your candle, check for any debris or wick trimmings in the wax. Remove them carefully with a clean, non-flammable tool, like a wick dipper or a paper towel. Keeping your candle's wax clean ensures a more consistent burn.
4. Burn Safely: Always place your candle on a heat-resistant surface and away from flammable objects. Keep it out of drafts to prevent uneven burning and never leave a burning candle unattended. For an added touch of safety and style, consider candle holders or trays.
5. Extinguish the Right Way: Use a candle snuffer or a candle dipper to extinguish your candle instead of blowing it out. This minimizes smoke and prevents hot wax from splattering. It's a more elegant way to end your candle's glow.
6. Storage Matters: Store your candles in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight or heat. This prevents color fading and scent loss. Keep them covered to prevent dust and debris from settling on the wax.
7. Reuse and Repurpose: Once your candle has burned down to the bottom, consider repurposing the container. Clean out any remaining wax, and you've got a stylish vase, a makeup brush holder, or a small plant pot. Get creative!
8. Try Candle Accessories: Enhance your candle experience with accessories like candle warmers, which gently release fragrance without an open flame. This is a great option if you prefer not to burn candles.
By following these simple tips, you can make your Shine Lab candle last longer and burn more beautifully. We believe that every candle should be a treasured experience, so take your time, savor the moments, and let the warm glow of your candle brighten your world.
Remember, candles are more than just wax and wick; they're a reflection of your style and an embodiment of your memories. Handle them with care, and they'll reward you with hours of pure illumination.
Do you have any candle care tips to share with us? We'd love to hear from you in the comments below!
With luminous warmth,